Whilst visiting the Sunshine Coast, take a tour to the famous Queensland Air Museum to see its unique collection.
If you visit during July, make sure to come to the Open Cockpit weekend, where you can sit inside many of the historic planes within the museum.
Open Cockpit Weekend 2022, Engines, Prices, QAM Caloundra, Qld
- Engine runs
- Family entertainment and activities
- BBQ, Sausage sizzle, and drinks, provided by Vietnam Vets and Rotary Club of Caloundra Pacific
- Oceanview Helicopters – Book flights and fly on the day (subject to capacity and weather conditions)
- Special on-the-day shop offers, models, and posters
- Fire Pit Raffle
- Defence Force Recruitment Australia
- Limited number of book signing – QAM Volunteer and Historian Ian Campbell will be signing copies of his book
‘Thinks He’s a Bird’ – a truly inspiring story
- Aircraft Carrier Operations presentation
Please note cockpit and seat access to a small number of aircraft may not be practical for safety reasons. This program may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances
With many interactive displays, exhibits and aircraft machinery, this fantastic museum has an extensive range of aircraft memorabilia from the 20th century and beyond. Come for a tour of the museum, where you will be treated to many historic aircraft, helicopters, gliders, machinery, artefacts, photographs and books.
The museum’s aircraft collection comprises a large variety of aircraft types representing many aspects of aviation, including military aircraft from the RAAF, RAN, Australian Army and RAF, passenger aircraft from Ansett Airlines, Queensland Airlines and Airlines of Tasmania. There is also a range of agricultural aircraft, training aircraft and helicopters.
The museum collection also has many displays which delve into the rich aviation history of Australia. Many exhibits are on display, including Charles Kingsford Smith, Women in Aviation, Pathfinder Force, Korean War, Vietnam War, British Pacific Commonwealth Airlines, Ansett Airlines, Qantas Airways, Calair, The Flight Data Recorder and the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
So come and check out the Queensland Air Museum on your next trip to the Sunshine Coast!