New Year’s Eve is one of the most popular festivals celebrated by almost all nations worldwide. The beautiful coastal area of the Sunshine Coast celebrates this fantastic event with bright lights, entertainment and, of course… fireworks!
Sunshine Coast Council is changing the face of its New Year’s Eve Fireworks, adding two new locations and shifting back a gear to safer, more localised celebrations.
Mooloolaba New Years Eve 2023/2024 Fireworks, Sunshine Coast
Here is a huge list of official and private events running across the Sunshine Coast:
Mooloolaba Esplanade: 8:30pm and midnight The Esplanade Mooloolaba comes alive with celebrations to farewell 2023. With two fireworks displays during the evening at 8.30pm and again at midnight, there is fun for everyone.
An alcohol, drug and glass free event, it kicks off at 5pm with kids shows from Paw Patrol, big bubbles, interactive glow shows, food trucks, live music and Red Frogs – Fireworks at 8:30pm and midnight.
- Celebrations include fireworks displays with supporting entertainment across stages.
- From 5pm there will be live music, glow shows, paw patrol show, meet/greet, and big bubbles in the family zone on the Mooloolaba Esplanade.
- Food trucks will be available at Mooloolaba Esplanade (in front of Mooloolaba Surf Club) only.
- Attendees are encouraged to BYO empty water bottle as water stations will be available.
- Council’s NYE celebration encourages a family-friendly, drug and alcohol, and glass-free environment.
Caloundra NYE Celebrations: Starts at 4pm with fireworks at 9:30pm – and Coolum lights up at 8:30pm. There will be plenty to keep the whole family entertained, including carnival rides (fee applies), and face painting. Enjoy delicious street food, including traditional Greek, Vietnamese, Asian and German fare, along with doughnuts, wood-fired pizza, ice cream and more! The festivities culminate at 9:30pm with a spectacular fireworks show over Kings Beach to ring in the new year.
A reminder that this is an alcohol, drug and glass-free event.
Coolum has fireworks only at 8:30pm on Coolum Beach near Tickle Park.