Due to the rapidly changing events around the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic around the world, there have been significant impacts on travel around the globe. Many tourist attractions have been temporarily closed and upcoming events have either been cancelled or postponed to a later date in the year.
While we will endeavour to ensure that our website has the most up to date information from all of the different attractions and events, we can only share information that has been released from the attraction owners and event organisers.
We encourage you all to check the official information sources for the most recent and up-to-date information (ie Official websites, Facebook Pages, Google, etc). Additional to this, please feel free to reach out to the owners/organisers via the phone numbers or email addresses listed on the pages. We are also free to answer any questions you may have.
Please refer to the official government news sources for the most accurate and up to date information on the virus, along with how this may impact you. The Queensland Government’s Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) can be found at: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19
Many restricted businesses have already closed, a number of other activities have now been prohibited. All have been chosen because they are typically the places where people gather in numbers or come into close contact, or both.
The following facilities were restricted from opening from midday local time 23 March 2020:
- pubs, registered and licensed clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
- gyms and indoor sporting venues
- cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos and night clubs
- restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
- religious gatherings, places of worship or funerals (in enclosed spaces and other than very small groups and where the 1 person per 4 square metre rule applies)
From 12:00am on 26 March, these restrictions were extended to the following:
- food courts (except for take away)
- auction houses, real estate auctions and open houses
- personal services ( beauty, nail, tanning, waxing and tattoo salons)
- spa and massage parlours, excluding health-related services such as physiotherapy
- amusement parks, arcades and play centres (indoor and outdoor)
- strip clubs, brothels and sex on premises venues.
- galleries, national institutions, historic sites and museums
- health clubs, fitness centres, yoga, barre and spin facilities, saunas, bathhouses and wellness centres and swimming pools
- community facilities such as community halls, libraries and youth centres, RSL and PCYC
- gaming and gambling venues
- indoor and outdoor markets (excluding food markets). States and territories will make their own announcements about this.